Today I carried a baby elephant* on my back through Amsterdam. To be fair, today was the first day Nelly and I really got to know each other. But she was (and still is) a heavy load** on my weak computer generated shoulders.
I also realised wearing 2 day old tights allows one to ponder a lot. First of all, your mind isn’t occupied by questions about what to wear, and they do get really comfy after 48hours (optimum pondering conditions).
So here are my thoughts:
1. Elton John’s best singles were released during the eighties;
2. Amsterdam really feels like home;
3. Although, I still don’t understand why they like tuna on pizza so much;
4. Albert Heijn is WAY better than Woolies;
5. The German police can add 30 minutes to ones traveling time;
6. Every single highway and offramp in the Netherlands and Germany looks exactly the same;
7. So I made a video clip of our 2 hour stopover in Amsterdam. (See ‘Finally. I managed to upload the video on WordPress’ post)
*It’s just a silly euphemism for my backpack.
**She’s really not that heavy, around 10kgs? I blame my desk job tendencies.